Outdoor Trips and Registration | Friday Night Climb
ROPE offers a variety of trips each semester that are designed for all experience levels. ROPE trips are available to all students, staff, and faculty of Rice University as well as members of the Recreation Center. All trip registrations include transportation, meals on trail, equipment rentals, and facilitation from our skilled Outdoor Trip Leaders. Please review trip itineraries prior to registration for additional information regarding activity level, trip meetings, and personal equipment necessary for participation. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2021 -
ROPE is mindful of the current public health crisis and will be monitoring conditions to make decisions to keep our leaders and community safe. At this time vaccinations are required for participation. While traveling all participants will remain masked. Additional cleaning and hygiene practices will be practiced on trail.
Registration links close when trips are full or the registration deadline has passed.
|DATE||TRIP & ITINERARY||LOCATION||PRICE||REGISTRATION|
|Sept. 4||Surfside Beach, TX||$20||
|Sept. 5||San Jacinto River, TX||$20||
|Sept. 18||Surfside Beach, TX||Free*||
|Sept. 19||Lake Houston, TX||$20||
|Sept. 25||Armand Bayou, TX||$20||
|Sept. 26||Surfside Beach, TX||$20||
|Oct. 2||Buffalo Bayou Regatta, TX||$30|
|Oct. 3||Brazos Bend State Park, TX||$20|
|Oct. 8-11||Goodwater Loop, Lake Georgetown, TX||$100|
|Oct. 16-17||Big Thicket National Preserve, TX||$55|
|Nov. 5-7||Martin Dies Jr State Park, TX||$60|
|Nov. 13-14||Sam Houston National Forest, TX||$55|
|Nov. 20||Cook's Lake Paddle Trail, TX||$25|
|Nov. 24-27||Enchanted Rock and Colorado Bend, TX||$115|
Winter Recess Expedition
Trip Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the trip are not eligible for a refund.
- There is a 10% (minimum $10) fee for all other cancellations and transfers. Additional fees may not be refunded for extended trips according to recreational fees paid in advance of trip departure.
- Multi-day expeditions include a 50% deposit as described in the trip itinerary.
- In the event ROPE should cancel a trip, we will schedule an alternative date, issue a full credit, or refund for registration fees. Trips may be cancelled for severe weather, road conditions, recreation area closures, instructor illness, and registration numbers. Many day trips will have alternative dates scheduled in advance of trip.
- Deposits for trips are non-refundable. Please review full trip costs and itineraries in advance of registration.