Keeping Safe and Clean During COVID-19
The entire professional team and the Rice Recreation Center and all associated custodial staff have been trained to follow the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control's guidance for cleaning and disinfection and to keep themselves safe while doing their jobs. They are using the EPA's approved Disinfectants for Use Against SAR-CoV-2 (COVID-19) for cleaning.
Below is a list of the specific safety measures that have been put in place:
- Placing hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Installing two additional contact-free water bottle filler stations.
- Spacing out cardio and weight equipment so that physical distancing can be easily practiced.
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, elevator buttons, toilets, sinks and all workout equipment with much greater intensity.
- Increasing cleaning of commonly used spaces such as the multipurpose rooms and gyms.
- Making sanitizing Gym Wipes widely available for patrons to clean equipment before and after use.
- Fogging to sanitize equipment every night.
- Outfitting the HVAC system with new UV air purifiers that inactivate airborne pathogens and microorganisms.
- Placing plexiglass barriers around the Operations Desk area.
Because all of us must work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are asking patrons to help keep our community safe by doing the following:
- Be diligent in practicing physical distancing.
- Effective Monday, August 16, 2021 masks will be required indoors at all times for all Recreation Center members and guests, except for fully vaccinated individuals actively working out on a piece of cardio or weight equipment within the facility.
- Thoroughly wiping down equipment before and after use.
These measures are intended to evolve with the situation. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, don't hesitate to contact any member of the Rice Rec Team.