|Rice Faculty/Staff/Student Registration
|Rice Alumni Registration
|2015 Returning Families Registration
For Community Members
*Please note: All registration is ONLINE ONLY. No in-person registration will be accepted.
- • No registration fees or deposits will be accepted before
February 26, excluding faculty, staff, alumni, Rice students, and
returning families during early registration.
- • Persons with special needs or consideration should contact
Liza Pedraza, Summer Youth Activity Program Administrator, at (713)
- • Your child's age at the beginning of each session will
determine which age group he or she will be placed in.
- • Any attempt to place your child in an age group that does not
match his or her age will result in a $40 administrative fee being
added to your account, and possible cancellation of your registration.
- • Any attempt to register a child that you are NOT the parent or legal guardian of will result in a $40 administrative fee being added to your account, and complete cancellation of your registration.
- • Please note that we recommend using Firefox or Internet Explorer while registering. The use of Safari is NOT recommended.
- • Child's name
- • Address
- • Child's birth date and age the child will be when the session you are registering for begins
- • Child's t-shirt size
- • Physician's name and phone number
- • Child's known medical conditions, required medications, or allergies
- • Billing address
- • All necessary credit card information for payment
- • Employee ID (Faculty & Staff ONLY)
- • Student ID (Rice Students ONLY)
- • Graduation year and college (Rice Alumnus ONLY)
Payments and Accounts
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT.
There is a $250 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT PER SESSION/PER CHILD REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. Deposits will be applied to the total sum of your balance; All balances must be paid in full by Friday, April 22, 2016. Balances may be paid in person, mailed to the Recreation Center or paid through your online account.
All non-deposit refund requests must be submitted in writing (e-mail). Refunds may be available for an extended illness of five or more consecutive program days. A doctor's note and explanation of the situation must be received within eight working days from the first absence. Upon review, participants may receive a $25/day refund for the unused days.
Refunds are not available for vacations, special events, short-term illnesses of four days or fewer, or other personal commitments that prevent attendance.
We reserve the right to revoke the registration of any child who consistently disrupts normal activities. While this is a rare occurrence, it is important to note that consistent disruptions diminish the experience of the other participants. No refund will be made if a child is dismissed from the program.
Due to administrative costs, a $40 fee is charged for transferring between sessions per child, per session. Transfers must be done in person at the Recreation Center Office, located on the second floor of the Recreation Center above the Wellness Center, at least three working days prior to the start of the session. The transfer fee must be paid at the time the request is made. Transfers are based on space availability and are made at the discretion of the Recreation Center Staff. Children may give their spots only to siblings or step-siblings. Programs are not transferable to anyone outside the immediate family. Split sessions are not available.
Questions about any of this? Don't hesitate to ask us!
Email SYAP@rice.edu or call our main office at 713-348-4058