We are now sold out for Sessions 2, 3, and 4. There are still spaces available in Session 1.
To be placed on the wait list, please contact email@example.com with your child(ren)'s name, age, sessions requested, and your phone number.
Payments and Accounts
There is a $200 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION FOR EACH SESSION PER CHILD. It will be applied to your total balance. All balances must be paid on or before Monday, April 29, 2013. You have the option to bring your payments in person to the office, mail to the Recreation Center or have the balance auto billed on April 29. If you prefer, you may print out a copy of the registration form and mail it in with your payment.
Information to have ready when registering
- • Child's name
- • Address
- • Child's birthdate and year of age
- • Child's t-shirt size
- • Physician's Name and Phone Number
- • Child's known medical conditions, required medications, or allergies
- • Billing Address
- • All necessary credit card information for payment
- • Employee ID (Faculty & Staff ONLY)
- • Student ID (Rice Students ONLY)
- • Graduation Year and College (Rice Alumnus ONLY)
All non-deposit refund requests must be submitted in writing (e-mail). We reserve the right to revoke the registration of any child who consistently disrupts normal activities. While this is a rare occurrence, it is important to note that consistent disruptions diminish the experience of the other participants. No refund will be made if a child is dismissed from the program.
Refunds are not available for vacations, special events, short-term illnesses of four days or fewer, or other personal commitments that prevent attendance.
A refund may be available for an extended illness of five or more consecutive program days. A doctor's note and written note from the parent or guardian explaining the situation must be received within eight working days from the first day of absence. Upon review, participants may receive a $25-per-day refund for the unused days.
Due to administrative costs, a $25 fee is charged for transferring between sessions per child, per session. Transfers must be done in person at the Recreation Center Office, located on the second floor of the Recreation Center above the Wellness Center, at least three working days prior to the start of the session. The transfer fee must be paid at the time the request is made. Transfers are based on space availability and are made at the discretion of the Recreation Center Staff. Children may give their spots only to siblings or step-siblings. Programs are not transferable to anyone outside the immediate family. Children missing days for reasons other than medical, will not be allowed to make up missed sessions. Split sessions are not available.
- • No registration fees or deposits will be accepted before February 25, excluding faculty, staff, alumni, Rice students, and returning families during early registration.
- • Persons with special needs or consideration should contact Liza Pedraza, Summer Youth Activity Program Administrator, at (713) 348-4058.
- • Your child's age at the beginning of each session will determine which age group he or she will be placed in.
- • Any attempt to place your child in an age group that does not match his or her age will result in a $25 administrative fee being added to your account.
Questions about any of this? Don't hesitate to ask us!
Email SYAP@rice.edu or call our main office at 713-348-4058