Create a connection between physical and mental health with a variety of Mind&Body classes to choose from. Relax, renew and refresh with formats such as Vinyasa Flow, Advanced Flow, Mat Pilates, and Yin Yoga. Pick a format that speaks to you, and our experienced instructors will provide you with a workout that integrates mind, body and spirit. Namaste.
Join the Get-Fit listserv for news and updates about the fitness program.
All Mind&Body classes are held in MPR3, unless otherwise noted. Schedule runs August 25 - December 19, 2014.There will be no classes on Sep. 1, Oct. 13-14, Nov. 27-28.
Scroll down for class descriptions
Single Class Pass:Student Member: $5 | Non-Student Member: $10How to purchase a pass:Single Class Passes are available for purchase at the Operations Desk only.
Unlimited Fall passes on sale now!
Unlimited passes are available for purchase online only. Please note that all participants will receive new cards for this upcoming semester. Please allow 3 business days to process.
Student Member:$80 | Non-Student Member: $90
How to Purchase a Pass:
Mind&Body semester passes can only be purchased at the Rice Recreation Center online store. You will be notified when a more permanent pass is available for pick up at the facilities operation desk.
August 25th-29th will be FREE PREVIEW week, so attend as many classes as you like for free! You do not need a pass to attend classes during the first week.
Classes are subject to change at any time. Subscribe to the Get-Fit list serve to receive the latest updates and check online for the most updated schedule. Instructors will be substituted from time to time.
Please help us reduce your risk of injury and create a refreshing experience for all participants by following these guidelines:
• 5-Minute Rule: Participants may enter a class up to 5-minutes after the scheduled start. Entrance is prohibited after 5-minutes have passed to ensure that all participants arrive early enough to become sufficiently warmed up for the vigorous parts of each class.
• Please inform the instructor if you have any special considerations (e.g., pregnancy, injury, illness, recent surgery) which may influence your ability to take a class. Also, this will allow the instructor to provide options for success when necessary.
• The use of personal music devices, cell phones and PDA’s, are not permitted during class. If a call or text or must be attended to, quietly leave the studio and return upon finishing.
• Athletic attire must be worn during class.
• If you need to leave class early, please inform the instructor.
Advanced Flow Take this challenging class that integrates advanced poses into your regular practice. This class is designed to help you build and create a skillful, conscious, powerful, and energizing practice that will transform your body and mind. You will be encouraged to test and find your limits. Modifications are provided for those with injuries or limitations.
All Levels This yoga class is designed for beginners, intermediate, and advanced yogis.
Hatha Use the body to attain enlightenment via the performance of asana combined with breath awareness and meditation. In the process, the mind, body and spirit come into alignment and unite. This is a slower, gentler form of yoga, and perfect for beginners.
Power Flow This class will challenge your body and mind as you move through postures in progressive, fun and energetic sequences to find your edge.
Vinyasa Flow A more vigorous approach to yoga characterized by the synchronization of poses to the breath.
Yin Yoga This class is a slow-paced style of yoga with postures or asanas that are held for longer periods of time.
CLUB SPORTSClub Contact
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE Equipment Rentals Outdoor Trips and Registration
L.P.A.P.Schedules and OutlinesS.Y.A.P.Registration
6100 Main St. | MS-523 | Houston, TX 77005-1982 T: 713-348-4058 | F: 713-348-5329 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rice University | Rice Athletics | Wellness Center | Student Affairs