Mind&Body and S.W.E.A.T. Preview!
Create a connection between physical and mental health with a variety of Mind&Body classes to choose from. Relax, renew and refresh with formats such as Ashtanga Yoga, Mat Pilates, Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga. Pick a format that speaks to you, and our experienced instructors will provide you with a workout that integrates mind, body and spirit. Namaste.
Join the Get-Fit listserv for news and updates about the fitness program and like us on Facebook.
All Mind&Body classes are held in MPR3. There will be no classes on Memorial Day, May 27, 2013 and the week of July 1-5, 2013.
For more information about each instructor, click on their name.
Scroll down for class descriptions
Single Class Pass:Student Member: $5 | Non-Student Member: $10How to purchase a pass:Single Class Passes are available for purchase at the Operations Desk only.
Unlimited Semester Pass: Semester passes are available for purchase online only.
Student Member:$65 | Non-Student Member: $85
How to Purchase a Pass:
Mind&Body semester passes can only be purchased at the Rice Recreation Center online store. After 3-5 business days, you will be notified when a more permanent pass is available for pick up at the facilities operation desk.
Classes are subject to change at any time. Subscribe to the Get-Fit list serve to receive the latest updates and check online for the most updated schedule. Instructors will be substituted from time to time.
Four schedules are produced throughout the academic year and are as follows for 2013-2014.
Please help us reduce your risk of injury and create a refreshing experience for all participants by following these guidelines:
• 5-Minute Rule: Participants may enter a class up to 5-minutes after the scheduled start. Entrance is prohibited after 5-minutes have passed to ensure that all participants arrive early enough to become sufficiently warmed up for the vigorous parts of each class.
• Please inform the instructor if you have any special considerations (e.g., pregnancy, injury, illness, recent surgery) which may influence your ability to take a class. Also, this will allow the instructor to provide options for success when necessary.
• The use of personal music devices, cell phones and PDA’s, are not permitted during class. If a call or text or must be attended to, quietly leave the studio and return upon finishing.
• Athletic attire must be worn during class.
• If you need to leave class early, please inform the instructor.
Vinyasa Flow A more vigorous approach to yoga characterized by the synchronization of poses to the breath.Hatha Slow-paced and gentle movement through poses that provide a solid base of yoga knowledge.Ashtanga Physically demanding style of yoga that consists of a series of poses performed in the same order at a pace that is sure to strengthen your muscles and increase stamina. Gentle Yoga This flowing restorative class combines different yoga formats to create a class gentle enough to attend every day or in addition to other classes. Gentle yoga is ideal for students looking to begin their practice or for those concerned with injury.Mat Pilates Condition the mind and body to strengthen and lengthen the body's core unit. The Pilates series of exercises will help develop strength, flexibility and body coordination while improving postural alignment and creating balance for more efficient movements.All Levels This yoga class is designed for beginners, intermediate, and advanced yogis.
Total Body & Barre A combination of yoga poses, Pilates and exercises utilizing the ballet bar and light weights, that will give you a low impact total body workout.
CLUB SPORTSClub Contact
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE Equipment Rentals Outdoor Trips and Registration
L.P.A.P.Schedules and OutlinesS.Y.A.P.Registration
6100 Main St. | MS-523 | Houston, TX 77005-1982 T: 713-348-4058 | F: 713-348-5329 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rice University | Rice Athletics | Wellness Center | Student Affairs