Create a connection between physical and mental health with a variety of Mind&Body classes to choose from. Relax, renew and refresh with formats such as Vinyasa Flow, Acro Yoga, Mat Pilates, and Tai Chi. Pick a format that speaks to you, and our experienced instructors will provide you with a workout that integrates mind, body and spirit. Namaste.
Join the Get-Fit listserv for news and updates about the fitness program.
All Levels Emily
Tai Chi* Lee
Single Class Pass:Student Member: $5 | Non-Student Member: $10How to purchase a pass:Single Class Passes are available for purchase at the Operations Desk only.
*January 9 - January 13 is Free Preview Week, so attend as many classes as you like! You do not need a pass to enter any classes that week.*
Dates: January 9 - May 5, 2017
Location: Recreation Center - MPR 3 (unless otherwise noted)
Cost: Student Member:$80 | Non-Student Member: $90
1. Membership to the Gibbs Recreation Center and Wellness Center is required to purchase an unlimited Mind&Body pass.
2. Mind&Body semester passes can only be purchased at the Rice Recreation Center online store. You will be notified when a more permanent pass is available for pick up at the facilities operation desk.
3. Unlimited passes are available for purchase online only. Please allow 3 business days to process. If you purchase a pass the same day as desired attendance, please take your receipt of purchase to the instructor to be admitted.
4. Participants will be emailed when unlimited pass is ready for pick-up. Cards may be picked up at the Operations Desk of the Recreation Center.
4. Current passes must be shown at the entry of each Mind&Body class.
Classes are subject to change at any time. Subscribe to the Get-Fit list serve to receive the latest updates and check online for the most updated schedule. Instructors will be substituted from time to time.
Please help us reduce your risk of injury and create a refreshing experience for all participants by following these guidelines:
• 5-Minute Rule: Participants may enter a class up to 5-minutes after the scheduled start. Entrance is prohibited after 5-minutes have passed to ensure that all participants arrive early enough to become sufficiently warmed up for the vigorous parts of each class.
• Please inform the instructor if you have any special considerations (e.g., pregnancy, injury, illness, recent surgery) which may influence your ability to take a class. Also, this will allow the instructor to provide options for success when necessary.
• The use of personal music devices, cell phones and PDA’s, are not permitted during class. If a call or text or must be attended to, quietly leave the studio and return upon finishing.
• Athletic attire must be worn during class.
• If you need to leave class early, please inform the instructor.
Acro Yoga Combining the disciplines of yoga, acrobatics and Thai massage, this joyful practice uses partner training to cultivate strength, balance, openness and communication. It is usually done in groups of 3 or 4, so no partner is needed, though it's always nice to train with a friend. This class is hands-on and safety oriented.
All Levels This yoga class is designed for beginners, intermediate, and advance yogis.
Gentle Flow A great way to begin the week. Unwind through slower, rhythmic movements that will relax the mind and stretch out the body. This class is suited for anyone who is looking to gain greater range of motion through dynamic yoga stretches and asanas.
Mat Pilates The Pilates series of exercises will help develop strength, flexibility
and coordination, thereby improving postural alignment and balance.
Power Flow This class will challenge your body and mind as you move through
postures in progressive, fun and energetic sequences to find your edge.
Power Restorative A full hour of stretches and poses designed to help you release tension and move efficiently. You will reconnect with yourself and restore your body's natural balance.
Tai Chi A gentle, restorative, low-impact body exercise that includes static positions and mindful movement that builds physical, mental and spiritual strength for daily life. Addresses balance, alignment, lower body strength, and the release of upper body tension.
Vinyasa Flow A more vigorous approach to yoga characterized by the synchronization of poses to the breath.
CLUB SPORTSClub Contact
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE Equipment Rentals Outdoor Trips and Registration
L.P.A.P.Schedules and OutlinesS.Y.A.P.Registration
Rice University | Rice Athletics | Wellness Center | Student Affairs