Aquatic Center Rules
- Soap showers before entering the pool
- Proper swim wear
- Safety of others
- Cooperation with the lifeguard
- Running, pushing, horse play
- Smoking and eating in the pool area
- Diving in water less than 9 feet
- Diving from the starting blocks
- Wearing jewelry
- Swimming with open cuts or sores
- Using inflatable flotation device
Only members of the Recreation Center and authorized guests are allowed access to either one of the pools.
Rec Center's Children Policy
Dependents 17 (seventeen) years of age and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times in this facility.
Only children 5 (five) and under may accompany their legal guardian into a locker room designated for the opposite gender.
Individual restrooms are available on the second floor (off the pool balcony) for children 6 (six) and older that are not accompanied by a legal guardian of the same gender.
Lightning and Thunder Policy
The pool and pool deck are required to close during lightning and thunder. The pool will re-open 30 minutes after the last weather event was heard or seen. The Learn to Swim program has additional information for when lightning and thunder occurs during class time. More information.