Aquatic Center Rules
- Soap showers before entering the pool
- Proper swim wear
- Safety of others
- Cooperation with the lifeguard
- Running, pushing, horse play
- Smoking and eating in the pool area
- Diving in water less than 9 feet
- Diving from the starting blocks
- Wearing jewelry
- Swimming with open cuts or sores
- Using inflatable flotation device
Only members of the Recreation Center and authorized guests are allowed access to either one of the pools.
Rec Center's Children Policy
Dependents 17 (seventeen) years of age and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times in this facility.
Only children 5 (five) and under may accompany their legal guardian into a locker room designated for the opposite gender.
The family restroom is located near the men's locker room near the Recreation pool for children 6 (six) and older that are not accompanied by a legal guardian of the same gender.
Inclement Weather Policy
For everyone's safety we close the pool and the pool deck when lightning strikes are within 8 miles of Rice University. The pool will re-open when we receive the all clear that no lightning has been detected within 8 miles for 30 minutes. The Learn to Swim program has additional information for inclement weather during class time. More information.